1. Performs minor plumbing tasks such as changing faucet washers, stems, seats, etc., and repairing toilets by changing tank bulbs, overflow tubes, guide wires, etc.
2. Performs very minor electrical tasks such as resetting circuit breakers, changing plate covers on switches and outlets, replacing light bulbs, globes, etc.
3. Performs routine maintenance and repairs to buildings, furniture and fixtures
4. Performs floor tile patching installation by removing the old tile, scraping down the floor surface to remove old cement, applying cement or glue to the floor surface and then laying the tile properly.
5. Performs minor building and grounds maintenance and repairs through the use of such tools and equipment as common hand tools, glass cutters, wrenches, pipe cutters, drain augers, shovels, rakes, lawnmowers, snow blowers, caulking guns, trowels, etc.
6. Performs maintenance of grounds by cleaning up debris, mowing lawns, raking leaves and grass, trimming shrubs and trees, etc.
7. Responds to after hour emergency calls as directed by supervisor.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Very basic understanding of heating, plumbing and electricity
2. Knowledge of materials and equipment used in building and grounds maintenance
3. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work.
4. Skilled in the use of hand tools and equipment generally used in building and grounds maintenance
5. Ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs of buildings, grounds and equipment
6. Ability to perform building maintenance tasks of varying difficulty with limited supervision.
7. Ability to operate motor vehicles (pick-up truck)
8. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
9. Ability to lift heavy objects
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, residents, contractors, and the general public.