1. Cleans up grounds by picking up paper and trash; carries away debris.
2. Mows lawns, rakes and cares for grounds, prunes trees and shrubbery to maintain a neat and healthy condition and appearance.
3. Sweeps walks and parking areas and maintains in clean condition.
4. Loads and unloads vehicles; drives vehicles to and from various sites to transport trash, materials, tools and supplies.
5. Performs cleaning tasks in buildings; sweeps, scrubs, mops, waxes and buffs floors; dusts, cleans, waxes, washes and polishes furniture and equipment; washes windows and walls; empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans bathrooms and replenishes necessary supplies.
6. Performs superficial repairs to water closets and drains, usually consisting of unplugging them and freeing them for normal use.
7. Visually inspects hallways and common places, eliminates any obstacles to free passage and makes certain that adequate lighting is provided at all times.
8. Reports any unsafe or hazardous conditions encountered or observed on or in any Authority property or building.
9. Distributes flyers to residents.
10. Delivers, picks up and installs appliances in occupied and unoccupied units.
11. Maintains necessary records of appliance transactions.
12. Performs related work as required.
13. An employee may or may not perform all of the above duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of ground maintenance tools and cleaning materials and supplies.
3. Knowledge of building maintenance.
4. Ability to operate equipment and trucks, including dump trucks and large scale lawn mowers.
5. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions of the assigned work.
6. Ability to read and understand written instructions.
7. Ability to follow oral instructions.
8. Ability to lift heavy objects.
9. Ability to work outside under adverse conditions.